Painted Chair


I got this old chair at an estate sale.  It was very solid, and the upholstery job was in 
perfect shape despite its age.  The only problem was the color and floral pattern 
on the chair.  I hated to re-upholster it so I  decided to update with
PAINT!  I painted the wood base with Annie Sloan old white chalk paint.


I gave it two coats of Martha Stewart's paint.  The color was arrowhead, and added her "fabric" medium.
I then heat set with a blow dryer.  It turned out great.  We added a few vintage pillows from the shop and it has a new retro look.

Comments

  1. Love it, did you use a brush, roller, or sprayer for the pain? It turned out fabulous and I would love to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to paint fabric on a chair more than once, but haven't gotten the guts. lol It looks fab. Maybe I should try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in your store today. Fabulous. I want to come back again when I can look a bit longer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá! Seu blog é um encanto, amei visitá-lo, tudo muito lindo e charmoso.

    Beijos Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It looks great! Maybe I'll try to paint fabric on my next project! Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you do the piping? I have a sofa that I would like to change the color of the piping

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. I LOVE your Feedback!